Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

City Walls

Companies closing every corner you turn
No middle class so it's feast or famine
Government bailing out banks printing money like they got it to burn
Left to swim with waters racing against them like their salmon
Feeling like you're no longer apart of America
Like you did something wrong because you are in exile
What about the single mothers?
They can't afford to buy food so they put cans in their purse when they walk down the store aisle
What do you do when you can't even go the McDonald's to get a job?
Left out in the streets with a family to feed so you have no choice but to rob
I would rather drop down to my knees and praise God
Without the bad times we can't possibly have good
But how can you treat the ghetto like a 3rd world country?
And expect for that stance to be understood

No comments: