Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Suicide Note


Consider this my life resignation


Last will and testament

Body cold, heart stopped pumping, blood coursing through my veins comes to a stand still

Land of the living exited

Tell my momma how much I love her and how she inspired me

Tell my son how I’m sorry that I couldn’t be strong enough to continue my life

Life is so hard…..too hard

Beaten down

As tears roll down my eyes in anticipation of what I am about to do

Not enough courage to keep pushing along but it seems that I don’t have what it takes to end my life

Never even found the joy of having a wife

God help me

Remove this from my heart

Save me from myself

Don’t let this be it…..I just can’t see a future

So I digest the poison

Eyelids become heavy

Light headed

Sinking lower into the sofa

Breathe shorter

As I die

Alone……all alone



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Semaphore said...

Difficult subject, but you pulled it off. That first line indicating "a resignation from life" is powerful, because it is a twist on a very simple thought.