Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Letting Go (Goodbye)

At some point you need to learn to see past the past……




Signals mixed, lines crossed, communication breakdowns

After dealing with you I have a puzzled look on my face like it’s August and I’m seeing snow fall out of the sky

You push me away but refuse to actually let me go!

Tired of going unappreciated, tired of being disrespected

I break the glass that shows us as a happy couple but I can still see the reflection

You’re the death of me while doubling as the remedy



We’re not good together



Took me a while to realize that but now I do

Feeling reborn without you

No longer worried about you, though I will always love you no doubt



We’re no good for each other



Arguing about the littlest things

You’re smile so beautiful but I can’t tell you the last time it was seen

At least around me



You can’t be my lover



You destroyed my heart

Made it impossible for me to love you



I think you should find another



Unable to tolerate each other past a fixated amount of time

I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!
Going back in forth in this game of love as they call it

More like tug of war





You said my love for you caused you to smother



Letting go is a fine art

One that calls for precision skills



I don’t have anymore



Fight left in me for this war



You made love fill like a chore



Even at times when my heart, buckets I would pour



It’s too late baby I’m out the door





© 2011

All Rights Reserved











Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

sketch said...

how many times have i felt like this
painfully beautiful

johnrfeeney