Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Closing Statement






I’ve presented my case
Now it’s in your hands to have the final say on my fate
As I lay here in this hospital bed I am in a coma though my soul is overseeing it all
Sitting here on a cloud with the number nine carved into it

Pleading with the Lord
Asking him to stop going through the pages of my life with red ink

I know that I should’ve done more
I am aware that I had great potential inside of me but kept pushing it down because I was scared to step into the light

If you let me come back from the dead this time it will be different

What about my son?
He’s still a child I have so much more to teach him
If nothing else I could tell him about all my transgressions so he knows to not follow the same path of his dear ol’ dad

Father knows best my ass

Oh sorry, forgot I was sitting here with you Father

Speaking of fathers why did you have to make my biological one who he was?
I never walked a day in his shoes but I feel as if I am able to judge him in some way
Yes I am a lair, a cheat and have been known to be a junkie in certain circles
But at least I never walked away from my own

Don’t look at me like that please
You know I never imagined that you would disapprove of my life as a whole like this
Have I shamed you that much?
Do you wish you never created me?
Am I the fallen angel who haunts you?

Wings are given at birth it is up the wearer to keep them intact so that when they are called home to be with the King of Kings

As the feathers began to shed many years ago I ignored them and continued on with my foolish ways

Dirty deeds
Secret sin

Should’ve known better than to try and hide anything from you right?

So what’s the end game here?
Am I done?
Should I stop wasting my breath?

He looks at me
Shakes his head
Then says, “You bring up good points and I’ve blessed you to be a thinker besides death would be an easy answer to this solution…you have been granted a stay of execution”

- S. Logan
2012

1 comment:

Robert Wilson said...

Heart-wrenching write