Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Puppy Love


You broke me


Made me incapable of loving another

My 1st love

Also my greatest failure

Pulling back from other women

That love me too much

Because I don’t want them to hurt me like you

Chasing after women that do me wrong

Treat me bad and have no interest in me

Because they remind me of you

I wonder why I have this jaded view of love

Can’t seem to decipher the good ones from the bad

Then I remember you

The that should be the furthest from my mind

Is always on it

Occupying unpaid real estate

Cupid and that arrow

Intimidate

Me

You were my angel

But when you halo was broken

By the horn perturbing from your head

Sea of love I was swimming to shore

When a shark bit my leg

Fighting off the beast

But what’s the use of fighting

Either I will be eaten or drown

And I see you in a boat above

Watching me fight to come back above water

And you frown

My queen

The one I gave the crown

I always wondered why my relationships tend to fail

Because I haven’t let go of you

Well this is me finally throwing dirt on what we had

Letting it lay in the past

Almost a decade since it ended

No more rebound girls

No more worrying about if I’m moving on

Too fast

Last rites to the memory

That is us

Goodbye



© 2011
All Right Reserved

No comments: