Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Are You Lonesome?

Do you miss me?


The nights we used to lay together

The way I used to rub your stomach until you went to sleep

How I would ease out

The bed

Not to be sneaky but to give you more time to rest

How I would have dinner

Waiting for you

After you came home from doing God knows what

House cleaned

Bath water ran

Are you Lonesome?



The way I would

Whisk you out of the tub

Like you were a child

Dry you off

Lotion your body

And console you

On your long day at work

Are You Lonesome?



How about

The way I would let you use me

As your punching bag

Puppet

Fool

Whatever you felt like during our “relationship”

Are You Lonesome?



The way you acted

Using me as a circus monkey

Wanting me to jump through hoops for you

When I did more than I should

Foolish of me

But I walked away with my head held high

You Deserve To Be Lonesome



© Steve Logan 2010

All Rights Reserved

No comments: