Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Breakup Poem

First off


I’d like to apologize

For things that are about to be said

Just know

This has been on my mind for a long time

The idea of leaving you bouncing around in my head



I remember a time

When I used to get up

And couldn’t wait to hear from you

Now I walk around

Wondering how you find a way to

Twist things around to make

Any wrong my fault



Doesn’t take much these days

You’re easily detached

Guess you have thoughts of

Other men on your mind



If you can’t see

All that I do for you

How I try to make this work

Then you need to get your eyes check

Problems with men of the past

Have made you not want to invest

You emotions



You don’t seem like you want to be here

And if that is the case

You can go

I will not chase someone that doesn’t want to be caught

This isn’t about pride

It’s about me not being able to help you

So I won’t stand in your way

Goodbye my love

(C) Steve Logan
All Rights Reserved

No comments: