Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Me and the Devil







We’ve had an unspoken pact it appears
I’ve mortgaged out my soul so many times I don’t even know who the current owner is
Real estate has been rented in my mind
No room for logic
My heart grows everyday attempting to overcompensate for my evil thoughts
I hear a faint voice telling me I can still break free
I hear the Holy Spirit calling me
Saying I can leave behind my ways
I can become one with my Father
I can be myself
No pretending
For I am accepted for whom I was created to be
Sin and all

I will fight my way out of the fortress of the devil
LUCIFER YOU CAN NOT CHAIN ME!!
I will mow down the hoards of minions you send my way

I will dig my way out of this hole

Lord throw me a life line
I am looking for a sign to let me know that you haven’t given up on me…..

I offer myself up to you

-          S. Logan
2012

No comments: