Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Heavy Heart

I look in the mirror
And I see
A tortured soul
Too much stress
Making me look old
A heavy heart
Carrying the pain
Of unresolved issues
From loved ones that are gone
Harder to smile with each day
News is never good
Even when its no news at all
Just gives me more time to think
About how I’ve lost control of my life
Never will be able to gain control of it again
Too far off the road
Hitched into the marsh
In my last moments
I think of how I’ve hurt many
I’m sorry
It won’t make things better
But maybe knowing that I am no longer walking amongst you
Will lessen the pain
 
© 2010
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: