Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

No Love




I think about how what we had wasn’t the best I but it was perfect to me and I was good with it
Then we complicated the procedure with all the relationship
She was my best friend then we started screwing
Said it was just for the moment
The single life had beaten us both down
Tired of playing the games and wanted to satisfy sexual needs without the hassle of meeting someone new
Put it down so good on one another that the thought of officially being together slowly made its way into our minds

The door was open
What was once in the back of our minds had made it to the front

The first thing I thought of in the morning was her
And she thought of me
Sent “Good morning baby” text messages concurrently

No titles would be given
But sometimes you just want to feel like you belong
Not that you’re a possession, but more than just a piece of the puzzle
Initial attraction is always the catalyst
Eventually want to encompass all senses of that person’s affection

She got tired of the run around
Said I had forgotten our friendship
We no longer had deep conversations anymore
Just me kissing and undressing her as she talked about the ups and downs of her life

I had let myself get lost in the sauce
Downgraded her from one of my best friends to Miss New Booty
Obtained another notch on my bed post but the risk was higher than the reward

Now no love is to be found
Lost it all
Lost her…..
Lost my one true love…

-S. Logan
2012

No comments: