Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Untouched Stones




Been learned when you hold them up to high, it just makes the drop worse
Heard stories about how curiosity killed the cat, to bad for that inquisitive feline
Never did I have to go searching for the acme anvil, it always dropped on my head from out of the blue
Not a depressing individual but I know people will lie to protect themselves
Shielding those dark secrets
What you don’t know can’t hurt you

Questions posed
Just because answers are given doesn’t mean I have to ignore the stench of fecal matter lingering

I see you

I refuse to let this happen to me again!
I will not give me heart up to someone just for them to hurt me

Love is a battlefield
So as we hover above earth on the war world I am doing everything I can to preserve life
Ducking, dodging….tucked rolls with my heart firmly clinched in my hands

I blow the air lock; I would rather die to sacrifice my love again on someone that is unworthy

Found what I was looking for
But it doesn’t matter
Not like I am going to leave
I’m a graduate of the Bobby Womack School of heartbreak

I’m in love and I’m hung up

Can’t help it
I love her and she seemly loves me, or maybe she is just the best actress I’ve ever met
Getting to the point that I think about her stepping out on me even when we hit the mattress

Gotta smh at myself
While she is probably lol’n at me when my back is turned

I’m not perfect but I’m worth it……I thought you were perfect until past sins surfaced….

My heart is crying tears that refuse to reach my eyes
Conditioned myself a long time ago to embrace the fact that relationships are full of shit

Though I continue to take chances I’m not as reckless as I was before
Psychologically I am battered and bruised….just look my sores have developed sores
Illusions of what we could’ve been
Delusions of grander of a life I will never know
I am not cut for the cloth that can sustain healthy interactions with others past a pre determined amount of time

I thought I had finally gotten past this
….actually meant it when I told people I was doing fine
That turned out to be a lie

© 2013
Steve Logan

No comments: