Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Blind Spot

Vision is blurry
One word to describe the current mood
Scary

I put pen to paper
So if this is
My final writing
I want you all to know
That I died like I lived
Fighting

A man standing alone
Facing the impending doom
I turn off my phone
So not to be disturbed
And somehow calls still got through
So I broke into pieces
Where’s the broom?

I know longer have
Ideological thoughts
I feel like a
Nomad

Issues with my father
I want him to answer for his sins
But it falls
On that man

Dreams of finally finding a wife
Rushing home after work
Eating dinner with the kids
Then its lights out and the door is closed

Our bodies kiss
As my heart feels like it will explode
From ecstasy
I never thought a woman
Outside of momma
Could bring out the best in me
I get up with the sun rise
Leaving her a note
Saying
“See you later”

Her favorite breakfast cooked
On a tray beside the bed
I grab her car keys
Go clean it up
Change the oil
Fill up the tank all
Before returning home

She hugs and kisses telling me I’m the best
In the back of my mind I wonder
What will she do next
To put me through a test

Back into the world again
I go visit the old guard
Wisdom in their words
They have forgotten more
Then I will ever know

My mom smiles
As she tells me
“You did good”
All I ever wanted was her approval

Khalil calls me
I tell him I love him
I’ll pick you up tomorrow from school son
Be looking for me

I think how on the way home
As street lights guide my path
I have lived a charmed life
And came a long way
Happiness found me
After I stopped pursing it

Shed light on the dark corners
Blind no more

© 2010 Steve Logan
All Rights Reserved

No comments: