Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Yesterday

Can we go back


To the days of the past

Wishing that the good times

Would always last

Me and you

You and I

Down to the earth you were

But still so fly

My lady

My baby

The woman I wanted to marry

White picket fence

The dream

But it will never happen

You decided your love for me

Had ran its course

When you told me you were going out

With your “friend”

It was him

The man that would beat you

Get you knocked up twice

I was the one you stayed away from

But you made him your vice?

Should’ve been me and you together

Weddings bells and our families throwing rice

Today I can say that I’m finally over you

But I also can’t forget about yesterday



© 2010

No comments: