Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Momma's Boy

I can’t imagine
The world without you
You brought me
Into this world
Though
At times I wasn’t
The good son
It took a while
I finally grew up
Became a man
Realized everything
You ever told me
Was gospel
The only mother
I will ever have
And I couldn’t
Ask for a better one
I look back
On stupid
Childish
Things I did
And it brings
Tears to my eyes
Because I know
I made you cry
The over night shifts
Making sure you got home
Just in time
To make me breakfast
And wipe the sleep
Out of my eyes
You sacrificed so much
That’s why I buy gifts
On mother’s and father’s day
You raised me right
I love you mom

© 2010 Steve Logan
All rights reserved

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is very good, I like it
Jack