Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Spirit over Body

My flesh
Yearns
For the soft comforting
Kiss of woman’s skin
Against mine
My spirit
Keeps me strong
Laying down
With just anyone
Would only serve a temporary want
That I have been lead to believe
I need
Ejaculation last for a matter of seconds
But what about
How I feel afterwards?
Knowing that I used her
How can I look myself in the mirror?
How do I face my God?
Knowing that I went back on a promise
That I need to him
The conclusion of this unholy
Union of bodies
Turns to be anticlimactic
Serves me right
After went about such
A lustful tactic
Wickedness
Forgive me
I keep the faith
Pray my past sinful nature
Will not override the holy ghost
This body is spoken for
My Father
Has promised it to my future wife

© 2010 Steve Logan
All Rights Reserved

No comments: