Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lifeline

Without it
I would
Be dead
You
Would never
Have read this
Doomed
To be another
Black youth
Wandering
This earth
Path of self destruction
For what?
A nice car
A few cloudy diamonds
The love
That comes from
The type
Of women
That will leave
When bad times come
I found
A purpose
"Soul speaker"
Minister through words
I feed the spirits
Of whom should decide
To look over
The blood I leave on pages
My life story
Not ashamed of any of it
Good or bad
I'm still standing
To me that's glory

1 comment:

Wryte Words said...

Great poem. As a matter of fact, your other poems were great as well.

I am reaching out on the behalf of Wryte Words - A Place for Poets. Please visit our site and consider making a video of your poems or spoken words.

We would love to promote artists such as yourself to a much wider audience.

Thanks
Wryte Words
www.WryteWords.com