Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Press Conference

The lights
Are hot
Burning
My skin
As
I
Sit down
Feedback
Comes from
The microphone
My throat
Is dry
I take a
Sip of water
Cameras flash
Everyones
Anticipating
What I
Have to
Say
I let
The crowd know
I am a flawed man
As if
That will
Keep them
From painting
Me
As the villain
I make mistakes
However
Being just a man
Is no reason
To have done
What I've done
But
How dare
All you fellow
Sinners
Throw stones
At me
Look in the mirror

1 comment:

brownsugatou said...

Very telling poem. But I feel you black man. Reading a black man's perspective like this helps me to continue to deal with my son's father (my ex). I give him room and I give him understanding.