Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

When Your Hair Turns Grey

Hello love
Seems like
Yesterday
We meet
Such a happy
Pair
Who knew
We
Would
Make it
This far
Taking
Things slow
1st as friends
Both agreeing
We were
Happy being single
And enjoying
The others company
Now as I look
Back on my past
I realize
This is what
True love
Is about
My heart rate
Still spikes
At the mention
Of your name
And pictures
Do the same
Time has
Been kind
To us both
Though we have
Many wrinkles
We've kept
Our spirits high
People often ask
"Why do you have that spring in your step still"
I just smile
And tell them
It's because of the love
Of my life
The secret to my reason
For living
My wife

(C) 2010

No comments: