Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Death Of Superman

This piece is simply me fighting my inner demons so that I can become a better person.


Living my dream not a care in the world
Flying around my city observing the citizens then from out of the blue a large object was hurled
I fell full force to the pavement and felt the buildings shake
The pain was too intense in a ball I curled

I looked up to see a large figure eclipsing the sun
This abomination was breathing heavily with a look that all he had was destruction on its mind
I had to defeat this monster to save world, everyone was standing around anticipating this confrontation I yelled to them “RUN!”

We exchanged blows as the day turned into night
I’d never been hit so hard, I put every ounce of strength I still had left in me into a shot to the gut as I watched my adversary fold like a card
As I whaled on his face the calcified exoskeleton began to crack and I was amazed of what I started to see
This monster that I was fighting was a direct reflection of me

Shocked by the sight I had completely forgotten about the fight
My enemy used this to his advantage
He delivered a spike to my head piercing my brain
My body was lifeless before it hit the ground
The news crews were froze with shock and awe and the thought that things would never again be the same

My cape was removed and used as a flag to mark the disaster area that was left after the battle
The crowd morns the lost of their champion
Months later they have no clue that I still protect them from a far
At night when the city is asleep I go to the monument the built in memory of my death and I leave a letter
Stating to all that sometimes you must die in order to be better


© 2010 All rights reserved

No comments: