Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Open Letter

I apologize
I failed you
I wasn’t the man
I presented myself to be
At the time we met
I lied to you
Played you for a fool

I wanted you
To fall in love
With me
And it worked

But at what cost?

I ended up alienating
Someone that
Could’ve been a great friend

But now…

Nothing
You don’t talk to me
No more than a brief
Shallow
“Hello”
When you pass me

You have no idea
The sorrow I feel
I miss you

But I can’t….

Bring myself to
Tell you this

I fear

What you might say to me
Sometimes
It’s best to
Leave
The powder keg alone

I wonder….

If one day
We can start again?
Take a eraser
To the past
Wipe the hard drive
Nothing exist

Will you?

Forgive me?


© 2010 Steve Logan
All rights reserved

No comments: