Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Walls

If these walls
Could talk
I wonder
What they
Would have to say?
The chipped paint
And dark spots
On this once
Pure white wall
Is like anything
Over time
Slowly decaying
What story

There have been
Many shameful moments
Lots of tears
Then you see
Short burst of
Glory

Watching
The acts of lust
That I thought of
As love
The times I've
Laid on the floor
Alone
Wondering what
Went wrong
So much potential
Wasted
Here I sit now
A grown
Man-child
Looking at
Any sign
Of compassion from
The human race as
A handout

Alcohol
Has stained the carpet
Dent in the floor
When my life
Was saved
I would've hung myself
If not for the
Faulty rope
Back when I was
Full of gloom
And hope

How I've held my son
As he slept on my chest
How I fought with
His mother
When she was trying
To keep us apart
Yes
These walls
Know me
Its a journal
With no words

Now as I sit here
Bible in hand
I am ready to face
This world
I stand
Before you
A better man

(C) 2010 All rights reserved

No comments: