Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Devin

“I’m tired of all this commotion I hear from over there; let me go straighten this out”





Maybe I shouldn’t get involved in this domestic dispute


But how can I just sit by?


Knocking on the door now


“Hey it’s your neighbor man”


As the door opens I have to remind myself to be mindful of what he might have going on


Listen bother man to man I’m not trying to get all up in your business…I know how it is being a black man the things you have to deal with believe you me I understand


However it’s getting tiresome and I’m growing more and more concerned about the noises I hear coming from here


Your girl telling you stop beating her


The kids feet hitting the floor as they run for cover


 As you curse them like there’s no tomorrow




Perhaps you need to lay off the booze, find a better way to release your anger other than laying hands on the defenseless


As he folds his arms and props himself up against the hallway wall I could tell this was about to go somewhere I didn’t want it to


Look before you get hostile with me you should think about what I’m saying before DFS makes a trip to your home to see


Right then it was like someone struck a match


He pushes off the wall edging towards me


I’m not worried at all, I fear no man


Especially one that beats on his family for his short comings


“HOLD ON BROTHER!”


Had to let him know that he didn’t want any part of this war machine


You’re out of your weight class, height and reach advantages on my side


I’m giving you this one last chance so my warning you must heed


Nah small fry continued to engage in this I was contemplating flinging him out the 2nd floor window


Then I hear wifey telling me to calm down and come back in the house


Almost did it until he had to touch a nerve


“BITCH GO BACK IN THE HOUSE AND LET THIS NIGGA JUMP STUPID!”


Before the words even had time to sink in I was on him like a homeless person on a dropped piece of food


Fist showering him


He must’ve felt like he was being jumped


Apparently junior had not only been taught how to treat a lady but how to speak to one


And I’m just the one that will put a person in their place for disrespecting the queen


Did what his pops should’ve done to prevent this terror from being born


Placing my foot square in his ass, as he tumbled down the stairs


At this point the pummeling seems like a drawn out joke that’s no longer funny


That was until the joke as it appeared was on me


As the police car pulled up and they pulled out the department issues weapons on me


Calling me a menace


Shaking my damn head


Bracelets thrown on my wrist  


Being stuffed into the back of a police car


As the “happy” couple go back upstairs


I was defended the honor of her and her kids


But some prefer poison over an antidote


As I shake my head again this time muttering to myself


“Now ain’t that some shit”





© 2011


 All Rights Reserved

No comments: