Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Pretty Memories



My nonchalant demeanor won’t let me admit this to the free world
The lack of emotion I show for you is counterfeit

Sitting here finding myself thinking about you once again

Like so many times before

Tried to drink it away to get my mind off the thought of you

Pictorial representations of you with another man and giving him the love that is rightfully mine overflow  



*11:59 pm*



Here comes the loneliness

DOWN WITH LOVE!

It never did love me

Spent time with those that I should’ve never been with only to actually find what has been elusive to me to just turn around and lose it

Cupid is this some cruel joke?

Love, loves everyone but me



Your arrow was a direct hit to my heart

The elation however was short lived

Couldn’t even let me have bliss just for a little longer

Though the miniscule euphoria I encountered was worth the risk I suppose

Even as I felt the second arrow puncture my throat



*2:34 am*



As I lay here

Still fighting it all off

Every time I try to elude and I think I’ve gotten away from what we had

I look up and you’re smiling in my face

It’s sickening that how you mock my love for you but I can’t help but still find something beautiful about that grin

Even as you watch me drown in a pool of my own blood



*4:48 am*



I hear your voice calling out to me yelling “SWIM!  SWIM!”

I reach out for you and it goes right through

That’s what holograms are after all transparent

As I sit up

The blood is gone and my wounds no longer exist



*5:53 am*



The sun light begins to extrude through the blinds

A new day

The first day of the rest of my life

Without you





© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: