Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Pretty Brown Eyes



I remember it like it was yesterday

Staring into them

The everlasting tunnel of love, how no matter how much a knock down drag out fight we just had once our eyes connected I was putty in your hands

Am I mistaken for thinking that after all the wrong I’ve done that there is still a spark there for me?

Delusions of grandeur that you will one day forgive me and will still be my wife



Those other girls aren’t you



Being friends is fine and we still have that spark there that makes me believe that the fireplace that housed our love can once again be stocked with logs and burn for eternity

Everything I ever wanted in a woman

I ran you off not once but twice

Third time’s the charm but you will never come back to me for fear I will do your heart further harm



Those other girls don’t stand a chance when put up against you



Afraid to tell you how I feel

Never been afraid of rejection but if you would tell me to give up on the fairy tale that is us I would be crushed…emotionally flattened……love tramped on



Tried them and had to learn the hard way there is no one like you



So this is me saying I will never set free the thought of “us” even though there is currently not an “us” I know that you and I were meant to be and one day I will stare into your Pretty Brown Eyes at the alter.



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: