Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pennies



Gather them up

Digging in between the sofa cushions

Maybe I can get enough to be able to actually afford something off the dollar menu today

The never ending struggle of life

A fight to the finish and even after you’re finished you have to think of what you left your seeds with

Working poor pay check to pay check making just enough to keep a rough over my head and gas to make it back to the salt mines

Walking in I sing to myself

“I’ve been sweating on this slave ship and I ain’t made shit!”

I went to school for this?

Just to have student loan companies that double as loan sharks come after me

One way or another they will get a return on investment….even if it all seems for not

I pray for financial windfalls but then I feel guilty asking for it since I have my health and the health of my loved ones

That’s what they tell me anyway

Sounds like false hope to me as I look at the low fuel light when I am still 20 plus miles away from home

Praying just to make it to my destination

I stopped crying over it…..this is how my life was supposed to be



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: