Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Closure





Let’s just face facts we didn’t work

I could sit here and say unsavory things about you

And Lord knows you could slander my name

But what will that prove?

Only showing two of acting s if we were still youths

Beefing back and forth

My actions were just in my eyes

And your ways seems right in yours

From the way I broke your heart

Setting off this vicious cycle we now have going on

The power struggle

Maneuvering for the top position

When I stopped that’s when you showed emotion

And vice versa

Revenge on one another

Hurting you then trying to heal the wounds I caused in the blink of an eye

Soul mates to mortal enemies

Laughing and being lovey dovey

To exchanging mean mugs and not speaking

We’re doomed to just be what we are at the present moment

Hardly talking

Dry text messages exchanged here and there

The fire that burns in my heart for you has to be extinguished

It’s my fault you don’t love me like I want you

After all I’ve done my eyes are less hazy when it comes to my wrong

The black and white is distinguished

I hurt you like you hurt me

But at what cost?

I poisoned you by that time I was falling as the venom was already in my veins

Hate to close a door but there’s nothing left for me here anymore

I apologize for any tears I’ve made run out of those big brown eyes

Keep cultivating hoping that a new us will sprout

Maybe it’s my fault I keep manufacturing these things with you so I can have something to write about

If it was mean to then we never would’ve been broke right?

To be perfectly honest that thought of you walking down isle as my wife keeps me up at night

No time for marriage

No time for me

Vengeance wasn’t mine to seek but I did it anyway

No place for that the universe will right itself

I need to get over you

No point in rushing to the next girl

Better for me analyze myself

Stop repeating mistakes

Time for me…….I need to take

When I am alone and think back on it all

You were right to leave me

This is the man I am

And this man isn’t good enough for you

(C) 2011
All Rights Reserved

No comments: