Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Welcome to heartbreak



Feels like I’m waking up from a bad dream

Everything is tangible…..just because I can see doesn’t mean things are what they seem

The ground under me is shaky

This isn’t reality

My heart isn’t there

Just red pieces of paper lumped together

I no longer know what it’s like to feel

Been living in suspended animation for years now

Can’t remember the last time I loved

When you tell me the affection you have for me…I may need my prescription adjusted because even with my glasses on I can see

What makes you different from the others

The ones that used me

Financially, emotionally, mentally and even once physically abused me

So you can keep tell me that but it goes in one ear and out the other….



You can’t be real



I don’t care about what you want from me

Your needs are none of my concern

I’ve given enough of myself  and still have yet to gain the love of another

So from this point on I only take

Thief in the night

Give me your heart

I’ll do with it what I please and air mail it back to you once I’m done toying with it



Turnabout’s fair play



Don’t tell me I’m not being fair when you haven’t done anything to cultivate this relationship

The sweet flowers of passion bare no petals and stems have slumped over, falling out of the vase

Reminisce of what was



I think of you



And my blood pressure lowers

The rage has subsided

I see you standing on the balcony

Your hair flowing in the night wind

Moonlight complimenting your skin

Frown turns into a smile

An embrace follows

Clinching you so tight I may cut up circulation

Lifting you up in the air spinning you around celebrating how I found the lover that started it all



So happy…to be with you again…a second chance to do things the right way…how they should’ve went the first time































So I toss you over the rail and watch you plummet to the busy intersection

Splat!!  Hello and goodbye



HEARTBREAK



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: