Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The one that got away




There’s this girl out there

That I’m madly in love with

And I am sure at one point in time she felt the same way about me

That was before the hurt

Before the pain

Before the betrayal

Before the deceit

You didn’t run away

I loosened my grip

Letting you down

The man that finally made you believe in love

Destroyed it forever

You always told me I scared you

Never knew why that was

Could it be that you knew I was the one for you

And if so maybe you felt I was going to hurt you

That’s why the guard stayed up

Chipped away at it just enough to see the why you heart pulsed for me

Didn’t change me

No not all because I still let you go



This is the story of the one that got away

After talking to my back for so long

Not having time for her she finally decided to stray



Now I sit on this bed empty, cold bed

For hours on end

Thinking about you

Writing about what we used to do

Mist in my eyes every time paper meets the pen

You were my glory

Then I had to go and sin

Not only have you written the final words in the chapter that was mine

But burned the book

No trace that I was ever a part of your life

Picked the lock on the cage

Now your smiling living without me

The perfect life, no strife

Remember how I would always get on your nerves

Always saying the wrong things

Causing you to pull away from the fire

My love the apple of my eye

My one true desire



This is the story of the one I let go

Did all the talking in the world but my actions never did show

You’re not thinking about me but that doesn’t mean I don’t miss you though



Faced with the rest of my life

Stressing over how I will never find someone like you

That gave me the feeling like you did

Made my heart skip beats at the thought of you

Made me smile just from hearing or seeing your name

Had me shaking from the sound of your voice or the caress of your hands

Sounds silly but I still believe in us

I’ve been talking to God and he told me just keep trying

He has us in each other’s future plans

I know we can never forget the bad times

Here’s to hoping we can see pass it to the love

One final make up

No more break ups

You’re my anchor you held me down

But still lifted me up



This is the end of the story

The one that got away is gone but not to worry

As long as I still have breath in my body

I will get her back

The one that makes me swoon

My angel, my peace, my  April, my May, my June

(C) 2011
All Rights Reserved

No comments: