Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Friday, February 3, 2012

If I Die Tomorrow

Living everyday just like it's my last because tomorrow is not promised

I used to fear death and now I'm anticipating it....I'm just being honest

Every second spent on earth is one step closer to the afterlife

But I can't worry about that, right now I need to clog up this nose bleed as I skyrocket towards the apex

Teach my son a little more

Tell those close to me how much I love them

Lord I'm not ready to GO!

Though if you see fit to take me now, I only ask that it's fast because I bare a death that is slow

Soul is tortured.....is living really worth it?

I watch the clock go from 1159 to 1200

A new day.....as my eyelids become heavy I'm reminded of my life in it's entirety as I pass away

(C) 2012 All Rights Reserved


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Many days, we have all felt this way. Great poem, reaches into the humanity of us all.

Ideologikal said...

I've been having ups and downs lately, they've led to some look in the mirror moments that are coming out in written form. Thank you for the feedback Bev as always :)