Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Broadway




The say what doesn’t kill will make me stronger
My appetite for destruction is growing…not even the many suicide attempts can satisfy my hunger

Make up a couple excuses so a quack can give me the most powerful drugs they have
Something needs to kill the pain
Keep the over the counter stuff
With the life I live something with more punch is needed

Ya’ll still on that vicodin and percocet
I only worried about hydromophone
You got some??

Hold up hold up hold up
Is that the new fentanyl?
Grab the box and cover myself in patches

I should add some alcohol to the mix
Maybe I can drift off to a coma
Float into nothingness
Whatever it takes to get far away from this

I don’t call this living

Have you ever experienced what kind of thoughts self mutilation can provoke?
It’s not always the “I have to live a better life” speech we tend to give ourselves during gut check time
I could care less what they say about me in my life’s foot notes

You never knew how I used to go on lunch and breaks at work to snort coke

This is the real me!
Those who know me personally would be surprised that I’m depressed 90% of the time because they only the smile and hear me crack jokes

Swimming in a sea of despair…Lord grant me the strength to keep making the strong strokes

I would love to live…but is a little relief from the agony too much to ask
My bible tells me You can heal me….deliver me from my personal hell
I know I didn’t always praise you like I should but you know us sinners don’t call on you until we’ve fell

Self inflected wounds
What is one to do?

I keep praying and praying
Cover me in Your armor
Produce weapons to aid me in my skirmish
If order for me to be reborn my demons must be defeated….

© Steve Logan 2012
All Rights Reserved


No comments: