Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Friday, February 24, 2012

This Dog’s Life



I’m tired of avoiding what looks back every time I stare in the mirror
Terrified to admit the reason why my love life is in shambles is due to my own whorish ways
Well there is still breath in this body of mine
Never too late to change

I’ve been in and out of kennels
Some even left me on the door step of abandoned animal’s shelters
Those who were foolish enough to try to take me home
I jumped over the fence and ran around terrorizing the neighborhood
When I tell you I’ve lived it’s not a game
My life has been anything but sheltered

Now I’m standing out here looking for some cover from the shit storm that has begun to rain
Not even me giving the sad puppy dog eyes will allow you to let me back in
All you can think of is the last time and how I refused to become house trained

If you look very closely you can still see the stains that I left on the carpet

The dirt that I’ve done remains, no matter how much scrubbing has been done

© 2012
S. Logan

No comments: