Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Name Game



She tells me I’m her dream man
The perfect guy
I tell her I’m just a mere mortal….. Knowing in the back of my head
This will not last
Eyes racing back and forth
As my attention can’t be held by one
I tell her I love her
Because I mean it
That’s why I will break this off
Suddenly
Not even leaving a “Dear Jane” letter
Its better this way
Rather than have her wait for other shoe to drop
I abandon her
Often say
I will be alone forever
Not by choice per say
But by stupidity
Subconsciously
I find a way to the nearest exit
My convoluted logic
Tells me it’s better
For her to hate me
Than for me to hurt her

© 2012
All Rights Reserved

No comments: