Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Darkness




I go back into the dark corners of my mind
Reflect on how my soul wasn’t always tarnished and stripped of its luster
Once it was golden…..the shine was unlike anything you would’ve ever seen
Maybe I was naïve then
Living in my own world and not pay attention to real life

Asleep at the wheel
Mind is numb from everything
How do I even begin to gather my thoughts?
Coming to think of it, I don’t even remember how thinking feels

I was diving face first into the abyss….some days I wonder if I was better off doing so because it seems like I made this change in life too late to recover from all my sins

Father forgive me

You are a God of both forgiveness and second chances
I repent day after day
You tell me that is enough and I must now make my actions fit the prayers I speak
A life consecrated

-S. Logan
2012

No comments: