Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Vow




Some call it destroy and rebuild
I prefer to say that I am reorganizing my life
May not be the person you used to know
But I am well on the way to becoming the man I am meant to be
Pardon me if I don’t associate with you anymore
It’s for the best that we keep our distance
You’re living off the success of the past, My spirit is a like a 401k I’m investing for the future
You talking about the bad chicks you hit in high school, I’m talking about being celibate until I marry my wife
You stay worrying about breaking the sound barrier, I’m training for life’s marathon
I don’t fault you too much
I used to be like you
The only difference is that I got my stuff together now
My life was once in a pieces then God handed me the glue
Selah



-          S. Logan
2012

No comments: