Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Silver Surfer

.


I am aloof
Mind in the clouds….well the cosmos to be exact
Feeling light
My shoes could have anvils bonded to them with cement and that still wouldn’t keep me

I am not made for the ground

I was meant for this life
To fly
Zip in and out of intergalactic wormholes
Dodging asteroids
Light speed feels like the pace of tortoise to me

Hope you enjoyed me when I was around
Told you I was ascending
Shooting through the glass ceiling that holds so many of us back
Going for the crown
Hope I made you smile more than frown

Should you happen to lay eyes upon me as an earth walker
Don’t even bother speaking
I am only here for to visit loved ones that remain world bound
I don’t want hear a sound!

You’re the reason why I left
Tired of the back stabbing, you laugh at me because I dare to do what you never had the courage to…

Stand out
Show out
Step out

Matter of fact I’m done talking to you
Let me hop on my board and shoot back up to space
You can keep all that “I knew you would make it” talk

Peace, I’m out

-          S. Logan
2012

No comments: