Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Paper Planes




Light in weight, easily destructed, flying high but when there is no wind to aid……..crash and burn ensues
Intoxicated, siphoning fuel out of the tank of the jet
Now I feel as if I have wings
Perched on this ledge
Are you ready for takeoff?
The only problem with getting this high is that you know at some point you’re gonna come down
Everybody gather ‘round
See this death defying act
As I nose dive headed for hell
You say you didn’t know I did drugs, you didn’t really know me well
With everything going on my life and yet I still act as if nothing is going on
In my own dream world….wasn’t hard to tell
To the ground I go hitting the lowest of low
I fell
Is what I say in the first day of rehab
Either this or end up on in the morgue on a cold slab
Hopefully one day again I can fly again.

© 2011
All Rights Reserved

No comments: