Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

When I'm Gone



A couple blocks over last night….life was taken

Shots fired and bullets sending everyone but the actual targets to their final resting place

The bitter reality that life is precious and tomorrow isn’t promised

Words that I never got to tell you

Feelings forever left in limbo

Questions unanswered

My son without a father

Mom losing her only child

I know we can’t control how we go

Not possible for a man to know the date he will die

Though things are etched in stone

Take heed as this may be the final time you hear from me

The footprints that my lyrics leave in your mind, as the impression from the soles touch your soul

Tired of this life where it only matters what a person wears and who they claim to know or how hard they act

The BET lifestyle is like a needle that constantly pumps ignorance into our youth

While keeping some of the adults sedated and desensitized to tools of coons

I only 27 yet I feel light years ahead of my time

Every time I speak of overcoming and a new age revolution I get dirty looks from one of mine

The old folks may finally have it right this time….this generation is the worst

At least when I was coming up we had common sense…..may not have always exercised it but it was there

Values instilled by our parents

I’m only one man and I am already preoccupied raising my young man so I can’t raise others while you hit the clubs and stand out on the block

Spending time with your children and teaching them the ways so they can grow to have a better life than you that’s what it’s all about

I pray for you world…..but I can no longer let you weigh my heart down

You’ll miss me when I’m gone



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: