Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Safest Place


Buried deep inside this head of mind lays great treasures and many secrets that I am too afraid to pop the lock to open up
The closet doesn't hold skeletons
I have built a graveyard of shame, disappointment, failures and anything else that will make you shun me as a human being
Cornered in the corner
The enemy is my
Only darker and the smile is sinister....I see blood on his teeth, left there from our last battle as he attempted to dine on my flesh

I am my own worst enemy

We tussle
Exchanging punches
Profanity flying out of our mouths as was use words to find a way to break the other

I'm the only thing I'm afraid of

The only weakness he is the same one I share
Light to which exposes me to you
Faced with admitting that I am not as perfect as I would want you to think
Sure I told you I was flawed but never broke it down and told you just how flawed
As the tissue in my brain show the scars, no such thing as a superficial wound here

I am not my past....I shall reclaim my crown in the future

I refuse to be undertaken by yesterday

I will see tomorrow at all cost

Even if that means I must kill myself and be reborn

(C) 2011
All Rights Reserved

No comments: