Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Used to




Used to



Looking back on my past sometimes I laugh, shed tears and even sit still in awe of how far I’ve come



Used to

Be addicted to pain medication

Pill popping like there was no tomorrow or at least in my mind I felt it wasn’t

Taking pulls from the Jack Daniels bottle to chase them down

The horrors of life were too much for me

I couldn’t walk through this world without being inebriated



Used to

Be narcissistic

The physical world I lived in didn’t exist

Only delusions I had conjured up in my head

Afraid to look in the mirror, thinking about how I would finally see that it’s always been me standing in my way



Used to

Envision myself as such a playa, never thinking of the future

But now that I am staring down the barrel of thirty

I am only left to wonder…..have I already ran off the one?

She may have loved me more than life itself but it’s only so much bullshit you can tolerate



Used to

Be afraid of my flaws

Never wanting to admit that I’m nowhere near as great as I wish I was

I used to be a lot of things

But I will be so much more in the future.



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: