Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Seven Days



The cancer is eating away, my body is seemingly shrinking right before my eyes
Sight in the mirror, watching myself breakdown with no hope of rebuilding
Oh God.....why me I ask?
This is what you had planned for my life?
I know I shouldn't question you but please give me more time
Seven Days
Is not enough
More time to give my son life lessons, show him that a black youth doesn't have to be like the clowns you see in the music videos
I don't need jail in order for me to read eighty books
Crack life’s biggest mysteries
Open doors
To assist those like me in the future
But now I feel as if all hope is lost…time fading
Standing at the bottom, looking up the stairway to heaven
Always said how I would make tomorrow a better day than today
Looks like I won’t be able to make this promise this time
Goodbye



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: