Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Grayson (The son of the bat)

Over the year's I've battled the feelings I've had for my father.  He left me and mom many years ago when I was barely potty trained but it still cuts deep like it was yesterday.  This is me coming to terms with it....I pray this helps someone going through the same thing.

Son of a man


Who was more in love with the night

And his personal affairs

Than to attend

To his son

I can’t begin to tell you

The years I spent hating you

Funny how we despise things

Then

Upon

Looking in the mirror

We see the face that draws so much anger out of you

We could’ve been the dynamic duo

But you left at night fall

Leaving Robin

To strike out on his own

And now you want to come back

Only to see

I have taken your mantle

Your little man

Is now a grown man

With a little man

Of my own

Being with him

Learning

Playing

Enjoying his company

Makes me think of what we could’ve been

Nevermore

The past is dead

And the future has yet so much life left

To breathe into our lives



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: