Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

She’s Gone

Too much pride to let you go

And be with another man

But not selfish enough

To have you stay somewhere you don’t want to be

Your eyes are glassed over

You’ve already checked out of this relationship



She’s Gone



No matter what I say

I am met with a

Nonchalant attitude

That’s if I’m acknowledged at all



She’s Gone



Why stay

If you have no intentions on trying to make it work

We sleep in the same bed

But no love is being made

I go to sleep a quarter till 9

She lays down half past midnight

Only because she thinks I’m asleep

I can hear her pray

That I will just give up on her



She’s Gone



Am I a fool?

For still wanting this

Driving down this dark road

30 miles over the speed limit

Knowing it’s a dead end

Her leaving me will feel just like a hit a brick wall full force

My heart shatters

When I think of how….



She’s Gone



No not my baby

This is my lady

I won’t give up

Without a fight

Tooth and nail

She will see

I for her

And she for me

Come home expecting

To see her

Romantic evening planned

I see a note laying on the dining room table

……

She finally did it

I slide against the wall

Down the floor

She’s

She’s….

She’s actually gone



If you are blessed enough to have someone in your life that makes you feel like royalty and gives you the same amount of love that you give them in return do anything to keep them in your life before its too late, love doesn’t give many 2nd chances. Peace



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: