Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

You, him and me

The truth I spoke to you


Was often met with lies

Covering up the past

You said that you severed the ties…..

Love has a way of putting a spell over your eyes….

And it has made fools of much great than I

I didn’t realize

You had yielded my side in our bed

To another

Till I came home

Pulled back the covers….

Just like something disgusting you would find under an untouched stone…..

Mortified at that sight

But I always knew it in the back of my mind….

Hell a blind man could’ve seen this coming

Two wrongs don’t make a right

Baby how do you sleep at night?......

I wonder at times

“SNAP OUT OF IT MAN!!.....She ain’t thinking one moment about you…..So live your life”

Is what my conscience says

Every time I think about it all

I see red

Wanting to launch my fist into the nearest object….

Pieces of the wall now in my hand…..as I sit and reflect

On how we really had no business being together

Houses made of card often crumble…..due to the lack of a supportive base…..just the mere uttering of you world and venom is all I can taste

I hope you’re happy

You finally beat me

Hope he helps you fight off the graveyard in your closet

Skeletons surrounding

It’s all out in the open

I have nothing left to give you but this lonely coin

Let’s see what thirty-one pieces of silver will get you……Judas



© 2011

All Rights Reserved

No comments: