Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Below The Heavens

A war is beginning waged inside of me
Call it the eternal struggle
Saint or sinner which one will I be?
At times I feel like the bad me took my heart in the from of smuggle

One day I feel as though I am un-winged angel
Then on the other side it’s like I am the son of Hades
Dark so when I die the flowers they use on my grave will be black
Selling my soul for worldly goods like diamond jewelry or driving a Mercedes

The righteous life is what
I must live if not for myself then for Khalil
For him I will do anything
So I have to learn how to let go of the past
And bring back the human side of me
I am tough but not made of steel
If you hurt me I still feel

No comments: