Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pond

I keep coming back here to skip rocks and take time to reflect
Always trying to be perfect but most of time
I ended up leaving my life a wreck
There have been times that
I’ve thrown out disrespect
Other times when it was time to take out anger
I was always the subject
Maybe this will help someone out in their tough times
Joy is what I want to infect
Let’s call this cause and effect 
The ray of hope when
I think back on my younger more reckless years
I’ve shed tears when I think about important things that
I’ve failed to include in my scope
Feeling like I didn’t want to climb back up the rope
I just wanted to take the time walk around and mope
Smile upon my face you would see seldom but then
I realized that I was the only responsible for my own personal freedom 
I dip my hands in the water and my reflection changes then
I sit and talk to myself in the water watching the ripples my face rearranges
“I’m home”
I think
I always come back to this place to find myself
Monetary value means nothing
I have found self wealth

1 comment:

Jhpoetry said...

Nice metaphorical write. Somtimes it's good to chill and sit back and examine one's self and the rest becomes clearer. Good write!