Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Contact High

This must be what being high is like
Me personally I don’t partake in blowing the trees
Whenever you come around my heart rate does a spike
You’re a queen I want to bow down in your presence
Look up to you while I am on my knees 

I feel like I am reliving the past
I am back in high school
I now know what I want so I will make sure you are the last
Back in the day I would’ve still acted like a fool 

You’re the burst of warm air
As I walk into the house during the winter
You’re the summer breeze
That can cool off my at times hot temper 
Do you believe in destiny?
Because that is what I think about when it comes to you and me

No instead of you and me let’s change that to we
Take my hand and walk into the sun
Forever stay with me

1 comment:

Masked Diva said...

I really enjoyed this. A nice romantic piece...reminds me of a marriage proposal :)