Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Can't Get Right

I’m trying Lord
I just can’t get right

Even if they look at my life
They still can never see what I see
Take a bag of magic mushrooms
Engage in flight
Take in the sights

They talk about the way I dress
Because I have a different style
Unhappy that my confidence is at an all time high
And yes I said confidence
The word “swag” is for children
And I’m a grown man
Who tells the haters “hi”

No longer content with
Just getting by
I’ve felt the need to speak my mind more
I’m not the little boy in the corner anymore
No longer acting shy

There’s a rhyme and reason
To everything that I do
They wonder why I shaved my head
Not for a silly fashion trend
But to support my mom while she goes through chemo

Take the time to read my book
Not just a simple glance of the cover
In order for us to lay down together
I need to see where your mind is at
I don’t do immature lovers

They keep coming at me
Wanting me to send missiles to attack
Talking slick behind my back
Waving the bait
But I won’t bite

I’m trying Lord
I just can’t get right

1 comment:

Monae said...

this is right on point!!!