Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Disconnection



“It’s at the point where I gotta ask myself/why the fuck is it so easy to detach myself?”

-Joe Budden

Where did I go wrong?
Frightened to let you be completely open with someone until it’s all over and the final curtain has fallen
It’s all over
Then all emotions are let loose
Too late for all that now
Saying things that should’ve been said a long time ago
Better if I just disappeared back into the corner that I came
Manufactured self sabotage
My life story
However this isn’t about me feeling sorry
I’ve made several beds….laid in them all
Rolled around with fleas….got up scratching
I’ve pointed the finger at those in my past
Now I’m started to see the real problem is me
Lack of trust
Giving all of me to those that don’t deserve it
Retreating back to my shell when someone that only means me well shows attention
Will I ever stop?
I want to…and it’s never too late to change…right?

© 2012
All Rights Reserved

No comments: