Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Last Rites




We come here today to send off a tortured soul
Removed the wretched life he lived
Years of depression had set in
Smiling was all but halted
If it wasn’t a blank stare then you could expect a frown
Grown tired of chasing dreams and became complacent
Holy water sprinkled down from above but due to the venom that inhabited his veins it evaporated
Clinching the rosary so unyielding……blood begins to flow from my hands
The true definition of praying until it hurts
What was the point of it all?
I still fear that my soul is sentenced to dwell in anguish
Broken promises to myself but above all I broke promises made to my Father
Asking for forgiveness and continued blessings…only to ignore them and black slide
I deserve nothing more than the nightmare I was living
So bury me
Had plenty of dirt thrown on me during my time
What difference does a few shovelfuls more matter?
Perform the eulogy
Lower the casket into the ground
This world is over for me….the me I used to be
Now I take steps forward to start my new life

© 2012
All Rights Reserved 

No comments: