Welcome

To you the reader I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my poetry and take the journey known as life with me.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Day





Woke up in a new year….
With new beginnings, new promises
New stories to tell
New friends…new love interest
And yes (sigh) new problems
But I refuse to let that get me down
If you keep living you will grow to learn a great familiarity highs and lows
Saying prayers for my family and friends
My son…with each day let me teach him a new lesson….do my best to make sure he doesn’t fall into the same pitfalls that I did…that I still do
DECISION TIME!
You gonna be a man and stand up on your own two feet?
Today is the first day of the rest of our lives
As the sunsets
We think about the new life that this day has brought
A new life…..a new us

© 2012
All Rights Reserved

No comments: